12/01/2007

Chalup PM Book in Progress

Over the past 6 years I've taught literally hundreds of sysadmins, network admins, and other IT professionals the fundamentals of a streamlined project management process that I call "Practical Project Management". For the past 3 years, I've also taught "Project Troubleshooting". All this time, the folks in the classes have said, "This is really great. You should put all this into a book!" I'm very pleased to announce that, in partnership with the excellent folks at NoStarch Press, that's exactly what is happening. We'll be substantially expanding the material I've been teaching, as well as adding material on enhancements such as web-based PM tools, so-called "agile" and "lean" methodologies-- which, oddly enough, bear a strong resemblance to what we already do! We'll also be incorporating some of the great feedback I've gotten from my tutorial students over the years. I'll be putting out a call to senior colleagues early in the coming year for peer review of some of the chapters and topics. If you're interested, please drop me a note. [Please include a brief CV or resume, if we're not already well-acquainted.] In the meantime, you can pick up a copy of TPOSANA for light reading over the holiday break! The Practice of System and Network Administration, 2nd Edition (Limoncelli, Hogan, Chalup)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home